About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm 22 years young. I have a boyfriend; his name is Kevin Mears. We've been together for five years, and counting. I have two best friends; their names are Cassie and Courtney. I work at Teach Mart in Keller. I'm going to North Central Texas College, and I want to transfer to UNT afterwards. I'm a complete nerd, and I love Harry Potter and the Twilight series. I own every book by Meg Cabot; she's my inspiration, and my hero. I want to be an author when I "grow up."

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cuddled in Bed.

Kevin's right, you know. I can't go to bed until I post my "Random Thoughts Before Going to Bed" post for today.
So here I go:
As I was watching American Idol with my mom tonight, as I do every week, she got a phone call from her sister. They're seriously like best friends. When my mom talks to her, she laughs out loud so many times. She cries when her sister is sad; she yells when she is mad.

They were talking about holding grudges, and how my mom grew up in a home where it was necessary to hold grudges for long periods of time. She said how she'll get in an argument with someone, and be angry for days, and that drove my dad crazy. My dad has learned how to keep his temper under control (for the most part) and thinks life is too short to hold grudges.

I began to think about it while she was on the phone. I thought how, in some ways, Kevin is exactly like my mom. I mean, he'll hold a grudge for YEARS if you let him. Honestly, I think he has at least one that he's held for six years. I am lucky enough to never have seen him as mad as he said he once was. I, on the other hand, do not really hold grudges. I'm just not that kind of person, and began to wonder last night why, if I'm so much like my mom with a lot of things, am I not like her with this circumstance? If anything, I'm more like my dad with this. Other than I think I've been angry with Mandy for a year for just ignoring me for no apparent reason. (Mandy is my ex-best friend, for those of you who don't know.) I have my days where I hate her so much. But I also have my days where I'm thankful that it happened because I don't think I would be the person I am today if it hadn't have happened. Seriously...I think this experience of losing my BEST FRIEND has opened my eyes; has made me stronger in some ways. I've begun to be thankful for those people around me who love me and who have loved me through the tough times.

Anyway, I haven't been feeling well today. My stomach hurts and I have body aches again. I thought that would all go away. It has gotten better, it just hasn't gone away yet.

I'm going to go to bed.

Goodnight!

0 comments: