About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm 22 years young. I have a boyfriend; his name is Kevin Mears. We've been together for five years, and counting. I have two best friends; their names are Cassie and Courtney. I work at Teach Mart in Keller. I'm going to North Central Texas College, and I want to transfer to UNT afterwards. I'm a complete nerd, and I love Harry Potter and the Twilight series. I own every book by Meg Cabot; she's my inspiration, and my hero. I want to be an author when I "grow up."

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Crying.

I’m about to go to sleep, and I haven’t done a “Random Thought Before Going to Bed” in a few days. And I was having some random thoughts, so I thought I’d turn on the ol’ laptop and give my two cents. This one is about Kevin.

Coming this April will be our three year anniversary. I am SO excited about this, I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am.

And I mean, it may be completely lame because, well, I’m twenty years old, and I want to celebrate the day that he asked me to be his girlfriend. But maybe lame is my style.

I’ve come to the point where I’m so overwhelmed with love, it’s not even funny. I’ve never felt this way about another person in my life. Sure, I’ve had boyfriends in the past, and no offense to any of them, but it’s just not the same as it is with Kevin. And of course we have our bad days in our relationship, but the good days are beginning to outnumber the bad ones.

I’m beginning to be lovey-dovey with him all over again. Kind of like how he was when we first started dating, and it scared me away from him. I smile every time I see him and every time his name comes up on my cell phone. It is exactly like high school all over again. I get butterflies in my stomach when he smiles. I try my hardest not to be a complete dork around him. I dress up for him; I color my hair for him. In other words…I’m falling for him all over again.

He doesn’t even have to be in the same room, or even in the same town, and I get that goofy feeling in the pit of my stomach that was supposed to fade away two years ago. Maybe that feeling will never go away now since it hasn’t gone away yet.

I think of him all the time, and the things I think about make me smile to myself. Some things make me laugh out loud. Some things make me cry—but it’s a good cry! It’s a cry that means, “I miss the old times and I’ll never forget them. But I’m excited to make new memories that I can miss one day.” If that makes any sense at all.

I’m just so afraid that I will be so overly dramatic and too much into the lovey-dovey stuff that one day he’ll look at me and say, “Whoa. Back up,” and walk out of my life forever. I mean, I’m always afraid of that day when he realizes that he can have so much better than me. I’ve always been told that I deserve the best because I’m a Laird. That’s what I grew up with; that I AM the best. But I don’t feel like I am, or that I’m giving Kevin everything I can possibly give him to make him happy. Because that’s important to me: seeing him smile and knowing that it was me that put that smile on his face.I never knew that someone could love me THIS much. I never knew that I could be THIS important to someone. And I never knew that someone would stick around with me for this long, possibly forever. I’m beginning to thank my lucky stars that I have him in my life and that we’ve learned to love through the hard days.

Anyway, I’m going to bed now :]

-Lindsay

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

hey! i got it at thecutestblogontheblock.com